This page contains information on skins for my app android email widget. Here is a list of available skins for free download. Below are instructions on installing, updating or creating skins. If you’ve created a skin and want to share it, please get in contact with me or post a link to it in the comments down below so i can add it to this list.
If you have troubles installing skin files please read this detailed trouble shooting guide!
|HTC like chrome skin
Download htc_like_skin.zip (3754 downloads)
|Simple black with header|
|Green with black font
Download green_skin.zip (757 downloads)
|Milk white with black font|
|IPhone like black skin with white text|
|IPhone like blue skin with black text|
|IPhone like green skin with black text|
|IPhone like orange skin with black text|
|IPhone like purple skin with black text|
|IPhone like red skin with black text
Download iphone_red_skin.zip (692 downloads)
|IPhone like yellow skin with black text|
|Aqua blue skin with white font
Download aqua_skin.zip (1145 downloads)
|Black glass skin with white font
Download glass_skin.zip (2921 downloads)
|Blue glass skin with white font
Download glass_blue_skin.zip (998 downloads)
|Red glass skin with white font
Download glass_red_skin.zip (852 downloads)
|Violett glass skin with white font|
- Create directory /sdcard/.de.foobarsoft.emailwidget/ or select the skin-option from “skinning”-menu of widget configuration (this will create the directory for you)
- Download a skinfile (must be a zip-file with the naming convention _skin.zip)
- Put the skinfile in the directory created above (do not unpack it!)
- Select the skin-option from “skinning”-menu of widget configuraion. The skin should now be selectable.
- Copy the new skin-file to the skin directory (/sdcard/.de.foobarsoft.emailwidget/)
- Open the skinning-menu from widget configuration.
- Select option “Delete Skin Cache”
- After that you can select skin-option and open the skin manager. The skin will get updated.
Creating own skins
- Create an XML-Textfile and name it skin_config.xml (you can find an example file here: skin_config.xml (1141 downloads) ).
- Set a skin name and description
- Create a background png image. If you want to create a scalable background please use the background png of one of the provided skins as template and copy the nine_patch_chunk information into you skin-xml. You can also just create a background image for your desired skin size without the nine_patch_chunk, but this has to be of the correct image size.
- Optional: Create some icon png images for refresh and config buttons.
- Optional: Set the font color for header and text lines (RGB in hex with format #RRGGBB, #000000 = Black, #FFFFFF = White), default is black. You can use the html color picker to select a desired color.