Android App: Calendar Event Reminder
Please help me to translate my app to different languages: http://bit.ly/MGO4Ly
If you have any questions or problems with my app please read the FAQ first before getting in contact with me. Thanks!
THE App for calendar reminders – never forget an appointment anymore! Perfect for business user!
This app adds a repeating calendar reminder and extends the stock calendar application. You can customize the duration, repetitions, sound and vibration pattern. Works with every synced calendar.
When alarm / reminder goes off the device will be turned on and a popup window with information about the event (title, time, location) is displayed. Alarm / reminder can be disabled by clicking the dismiss and snoozed by the snooze button.
- Settings per calendar
- Repeating reminder / alarm alert for all synced calendars (even corporate calendar)
- Customizable vibration pattern / alarm sound
- Lock screen style sliders or wheel to snooze / discard alarm
- Froyo / Gingerbread / ICS look & feel for sliders
- Stays open after every/last/no reminder
- Multiple snooze buttons with adjustable snooze logic and layout
- Wakes up device display automatically
- Supports Android 2.1 or greater including Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Icecream Sandwich and Jelly Bean!
- Shows notifications in the notification bar
- Supports LED flashing
- Supports to flash screen during alarm
- Customizable orientation
- Clean and simple
In combination with the Android calendar this app can be used as a personal assistance to automatically notify you about upcoming birthdays / anniversaries, when to take your medecin or other things of life you don’t want to forget.
!! Please note: !!
- You have to disble your alarm sound within the calendar app. Otherwise the alarm sound of my app may be suppressed
- You have to exclude my app from any task killer app
Touchdown and Lotus Traveler not supported!
If you have any comments, feature requests or questions please get in contact with me. You can vote for new features on my website. You can also follow me on twitter @invalidobject_ for recent infos.
We would also appreciate your help in translating this app into your favourite language! Just send us an email.
Explanation of the permissions:
Control vibrator: Used for the alarm to vibrate the phone with the desired vibration pattern
Disable standby modus: Used to make sure that the screen isn’t turned off during alarm
Phone calls / read phone state: This is to not interrupt active calls by the alarm and to stop the alarm when a phone call comes in.
Read calendar events: This is to get the time, title and location from the event when an alarm is raised.
Modify calendar events: When an alarm is snoozed my app has to store a new reminder for the event. This is stored in the calendar database.
Retrieve running applications: Used by the home helper to get the Launchers which can be associated with the home key
Set preferred apps: Used by the home helper to replace the launcher for the home key
Test hardware: Used to set the screen brightness for flashing screen
Automatically start at boot: Checks for unfinished / missed reminders when phone is started
Change audio settings: Used to set a custom volume for the alarm
License check: Used to check if the user is using a valid license
SDCard access: Used to read/write settings file for im/export
Change system settings: Used to overwrite the display timeout
Note: If you want to use your own sounds like mp3s for notifications or alarms please read this hint.
Update Version 5.0:
- Implemented ICS/JellyBean theme with menus and icons
- Added list of reminders (calendar events and snoozed reminders of CER)
- Added display option to show / hide event description
- Added option to let the alarm be muted if phone is grabbed off table
- Added option to snooze/dismiss alarm if phone is shaken
- Removed support for Android 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.0.1
- Fixed: HomeHelper permanently revoking home key selection
- Fixed: FC
Follow me on Twitter @invalidobject_ to get infos on recent develeopment.
Please feel free to leave feature-requests, bugs, ideas, questions or other feedback through the comments below.